Pc. Ng joins HKUST-NIE Social Media Lab, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) in September 2015, doing research in the area related to IoT interaction and analytics. Before joining HKUST, Pc. Ng was working as a research engineer in Device Lab Malaysia, leading a smart home-driven VoIP Intercom project for Honeywell as well as government-funded development. Her research interests including but not limited to (1) compressive sensing and deep learning for proximity detection, (2) context-aware and multimedia interactive applications for the smart city, and (3) beacon-related IoT development.
K.E. Jeon, P. Soonsawad, J. She, and P. C. Ng, “BLE Beacons for Internet-of-Things Applications: Survey, Challenges and Opportunities,” in IEEE Internet of Things Journal,
Status: accepted (Dec 2017)
J. She, S. Park and P. C. Ng, , “Proximity-driven Content Visualization for Multiple Digital Directories with Beacons Association,” in IEEE Internet of Things Journal,
Status: under review
P. C. Ng, J. She and S. Park, “High Resolution Beacon-based Proximity Detection for Dense Deployment,” in IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol. PP, no. 99, pp. 1-1.
P. C. Ng, J. She, K.E. Jeon and M. Baldauf, “When Smart Devices Interact with Pervasive Screens: A Survey,” ACM Trans. Multimedia Comput. Commun. Appl. 13, 4, Article 55, August 2017, pp. 1-23.
P. C. Ng, J. She and S. Park, “Notify-and-interact: A beacon-smartphone interaction for user engagement in galleries,” 2017 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), Hong Kong, 2017, pp. 1069-1074.
P. C. Ng, L. Zhu, J. She, R. Ran and S. Park, “Beacon-based proximity detection using compressive sensing for sparse deployment,” 2017 IEEE 18th International Symposium on A World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM), Macau, 2017, pp. 1-6.
P. C. Ng, J. She, M. Cheung and A. Cebulla, “An Images-Textual Hybrid Recommender System for Vacation Rental,” 2016 IEEE Second International Conference on Multimedia Big Data (BigMM), Taipei, 2016, pp. 60-63.
Networked Laundry System, 2015 (Leader)
- Developed and implemented a country-wise networked washer and dryer system using Arduino Yun, RS-485 communication, and RFID. The developed system had been installed in multiple locations throughout Malaysia. A server is developed for centralized control.
VoIP Intercom, 2015 (Leader)
- Developed a VoIP Intercom system with a proprietary customized communication protocol and a power over Ethernet design. The system is targeted for smart home development and had been installed in Private Condominium as well as Government-funded Housing in PJ and KL area.
RFID-based Interactive Turnstile, 2014 (Supporting Member)
- Implemented an interactive turnstile using RFID and ultrasonic. The turnstile is installed at the customs checkpoint for autonomous access control and distance sensing. An Interactive display with fingerprint technology is integrated to promote an efficient self-checking process.
- The turnstile has been implemented in the customs checkpoint toll connecting Johor Bahru to Singapore, and won the Invention & Innovations Award in Malaysia Technology Expo 2015.
Interactive Information Kiosk for Hospital, 2014 (Supporting Member)
- Implemented an automate voice support information kiosk in the Government Hospital to provide interactive information service to the patient and customers.